The chroma-key feature is provided in Phoyo by the “background (green screen)” filter.
Ideally the its settings should be set to colorRadius=64 and amount=100. You can then make them evolve according to your actual setup.
IMPORTANT: You have to select a background color (generally green) as closest as possible to the actual background color.
Phoyo is built around these components:
- An image acquisition module responsible for producing the input image in the first place by retrieving it from a hardware-based source (webcam or DSLR camera) connected to the photo booth PC
- An image processing unit that uses mathematical operations to transform the acquired images and achieve desired results. This can involve image enhancement techniques such as the adjustment of colors, contrast, sharpness, etc or creative retouching such as chroma key, image distortion, etc.
- An audio engine that execute algorithms related to the sound reproduction and synchronization
- A printing management system that handles communication with printing devices
- A payment module that handles communication with the coin devices
- A database in which events are logged and from which usage statistics are calculated
- A presentation layer that contains the building blocks of user interface and holds the global execution logic of photo booth sessions
that making it possible for everyone to express themselves through digital photography, with tools that they can own and improve, is the way to go.
Phoyo was installed in 2013 in an unattended photo booth. The booth was built with a PC, a screen, a printer, a webcam and a coin acceptor. It was setup to produce identity photographs. More information here.